New Patient Information
At Purple Plum Dentistry, our team is always striving to exceed expectations from the very first visit. If you’re brand-new to our dental office, please take a few minutes to read the following information so that you know what to expect from this appointment and what we will expect from you. We want you to feel confident about what’s to come! If any questions or concerns arise, don’t hesitate to let us know.
Your First Visit
On your first visit, we want to get to know you. We believe in providing you with a road map and the tools you need to give you a transparent diagnosis and guide predictable treatment and maintenance protocols.
Here is how...
- Patient Evaluation : Dr. Kiani has been developing a systematic patient evaluation procedure for well over a decade now. Her goal is to perform a consultation that focuses on both dental health and overall health, including intraoral photos, extraoral photos, all-digital X-rays, comprehensive charting, and a detailed review of your medical and dental history.
- Personalized Clinical Assessment Forms : Once our team has completed and summarized your findings, we will share them in the form of a written record. This record will establish a confident baseline of your health and any particular concerns that are present. This will help patients better understand why our dentists are recommending certain treatments.
- Educational Tools : All patients will have access to a library of teaching modules that cover an extensive variety of important topics, including bite disease, sleep disordered breathing, oral cancer, nutrition, probiotics, cavities, periodontal disease, proper supplementation, hydration, nutrition, mercury dangers, stress management, and pollutants, just to name a few. Purple Plum Dentistry makes every effort to stay current on all developments in the field so that the information we provide is wholeheartedly reliable.
- Educational Videos : Our educational videos will help patients better understand the reasons for certain treatments and also raise awareness of the connections between oral health and lifelong wellbeing. Provided materials include detailed X-rays, patient photos, and more so that we can earn your trust and help you make proper decisions regarding your smile’s future.
- Presentation Materials: Dr. Kiani’s keen interest in Integrative Oral Medicine is represented well in her presentations that are customized for each individual patient. This is just one more educational piece that will help you better understand our treatment recommendations and why they are vital.
- Local Specialists/Physicians : Our team regularly works with trusted general physicians and medical/dental specialists in the Falls Church area, collaborating in order to help patients achieve the highest level of wellbeing imaginable.
Completing new patient paperwork is a crucial part of your first appointment – we want to understand your dental history and your reasons for visiting as comprehensively as possible, after all! In order to save valuable time in the waiting room, though, you are welcome to start working on your forms ahead of time. Click on the download link below, which will allow you to print out the pages at home. If you have any trouble with accessing this file, please let us know so we can assist you or mail you the paperwork directly.
When it comes to the financial aspects of your treatment, our team strives to make this process as smooth and free of unnecessary stress as possible. We accept most major PPO dental insurance plans and can help patients navigate their particular coverage in order to reap the biggest benefits. We will also provide accurate cost estimates before treatment begins so that there are never unpleasant “surprises” later down the road.
Purple Plum Dentistry works with the following providers:
- Delta Dental
- Dominion Dental
- Smiles for Children
- Anthem Blue Cross
- United Concordia
- United Health Care
No Insurance? No Worries!
In today’s world, more patients than ever before don’t currently have traditional dental insurance coverage. This shouldn’t have to preclude you from caring for your smile in the ways it deserves, though – quite the opposite. At Purple Plum Dentistry, we offer an in-house dental membership plan that functions in a very similar way to insurance while eliminating many of the common frustrations and restrictions we’re all familiar with. There are no yearly maximums and deductibles – instead, patients pay flat fees without strings attached to access free preventive care, valuable discounts, and much more.
For added convenience, Purple Plum Dentistry is happy to accept financing through CareCredit for extensive treatment. This third-party company offers multiple lengths of affordable payment plans, all of which come with very little to no interest attached. Patients can even use this type of financial aid to cover the cost of purely cosmetic services that would be disqualified from traditional insurance coverage regardless. To see if you qualify, please complete an application at the link below: