Dental Implants – Falls Church, VA
Experience a Lifelong Solution to Tooth Loss
In today’s world, there is no better solution for rebuilding strong, lifelike teeth than dental implants. Without a tooth root in place, patients can experience jawbone deterioration and reduced oral health over time. Dental implants prevent this unwanted effect, recreating a new “tooth” that is virtually indistinguishable in look, feel, and aesthetics from the one that came before.
At Purple Plum Dentistry, Dr. Kiani is proud to partner with her in-house periodontist Dr. Prokopets for comprehensive dental implant treatment plans! If you’re in the greater Washington, D.C. area and would like to visit us for an implant consultation, please call today.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Unlike traditional tooth replacement services like dentures and bridges, dental implants replicate every part of the natural tooth, starting with the root that’s hidden well beneath the gum tissue. Without a functioning tooth root in place, jawbone deterioration is a very real possibility for patients as they age. The dental implant minimizes this risk and helps preserve oral health while providing an optimal, long-lasting foundation for the new, confident dental restoration.
- Dental implants have an average success rate of over 95%! They are designed to last for decades and, in many cases, for the rest of the patient’s life.
- Once securely in place and restored, implant-retained “teeth” are virtually indistinguishable from the rest of your natural smile in look, feel, and function. It’s very likely that you won’t even be able to point it out after some time has passed.
- Dental implants won’t require any surrounding natural teeth to be negatively altered or reduced to accommodate their placement.
Indications for Dental Implants
Whether you have a single gap in your smile or an entire arch of natural teeth have been lost, dental implants are a versatile and transformative solution that can suit most patients. Dr. Kiani will work with you closely to determine the ideal restoration for your unique needs. Keep reading below to learn more about your options:
Are You Missing a Single Tooth?
When rebuilding an individual tooth with a state-of-the-art dental implant, we will pair it with an all-ceramic dental crown. The crown will be painstakingly designed and customized so that it fits right in alongside the rest of your confident smile, and its conservative nature also won’t require any significant reduction of the natural dental structure. The final result is so seamless that it becomes easy to forget which “tooth” is supported by the dental implant!
Are You Missing Multiple Teeth?
Our recommendations for the restoration of multiple dental implants/missing teeth will depend on their location. For separated teeth, implant-retained crowns are likely still the optimal solution. However, lost teeth that once appeared in a row may be better suited to an implant-retained dental bridge. This type of prosthetic is anchored securely in place within your smile through the use of two dental implants, which are positioned in the jaw on either side of the gap. The final result feels sturdy, appears lifelike, and will help you regain your full biting function.
Are You Missing All of Your Teeth?
Even significant tooth loss can be overcome with state-of-the-art dental implants! Several options are available for patients in need:
- Implant-Retained Prosthetics – Full and partial dentures can be reliably anchored over just a few strategic dental implants for optimal, cost-effective coverage.
- All-On-4 –Like the name implies, All-On-4 dentures are able to replicate an entire arch of attractive, functional teeth with the support of just four placed implants.
- Miniature Dental Implants – If the patient does not have enough healthy jawbone to support the placement of traditional implants, “mini implants” are an excellent alternative that can successfully retain prosthetics in a healthy, lasting way.
With the help of our experienced in-house periodontist Dr. Prokopets, Dr. Kiani is able to perform every stage of dental implant treatment – from initial consultation to surgical placement to the addition of a final, beautifully customized restoration – right here in-office. This means that patients save valuable time that would otherwise be spent traveling to separate practices and are able to remain with a team they already know and trust throughout the care process.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants are an investment of time and money, but the lifelong benefits they will provide are well worth it. No two cases are alike, and there are several factors that can contribute to the overall cost, such as:
- How many teeth need to be rebuilt
- What types of restorations are chosen
- If abutments (connectors between the implants and restorations) are needed
- If bone grafting is needed to prepare the surgical site
- If periodontal therapy is needed to improve oral health
During an initial consultation, we will assess your personal circumstances and provide a projected estimate for dental implant treatment. Our goal is to help you feel 100% confident about every aspect of your chosen treatment plan!